Friday, March 17, 2017

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!! I am very happy to announce that I actually got all my holiday projects in the mail and they were actually all received on time. I made 12 of these little celtic-knot shamrock clovers.  The pattern is from Merilee Rockley and can be found here.


I am quite obsessed with celtic knots so I was very excited to try this pattern out. Thankfully I had purchased the book "Celtic Tatting by Rozella F Linden" that had the instructions on how to weave the knot as those instructions aren't included in Marilee's pattern.  The only draw back to this pattern is that it is done in 2 passes so that means weaving lots of ends. I didn't love the little stem so I changed it up a bit by employing the same concept I used in making my pumpkin stems.  I still had a shuttle loaded from doing the Christmas trees so I used that shuttle to do the first one and I had every intention to change the color to a different green but I got a bit obsessed with making these and completely forgot to. So by the time I goth through making these I was more than ready to move on from this Artiste #10 thread in Emerald Green. I am going to consider these #8 in the 25 motif challenge.

St Patrick's has always been a fun and crafty holiday to me.  This year I made 3 little Leprechaun seeker kits to send to my kids and parents. They are kind of cheezy but I believe it lets my family know that I think about them.
I hope you all have a fun St. Patrick's day. 
Don't Forget to wear your Green!!

No comments:

Post a Comment